Harris (1966) measured the number of genotypes at the alkaline phosphatase locus in the English population. These are three alleles, designated F, I, and S (for fast, intermediate, and slow mobility in an electrophoretic apparatus).
SS SF FF SI FI II
141 111 28 32 15 5
1. what are the observed frequencies of the six genotypes?
2. what are the observed allele frequencies for the three alleles?
3. what are the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium frequencies of the genotypes?
4. what are the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium frequencies of the allele?
5. what is the total observed heterozygosity (i.e. the frequency of all heterozygotes)?
6. what is the total heterozygosity at the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
7. Compare the observed and equilibrium heterozygosities. Does this suggest to you any departures from hardy-Weinberg conditions, and if so, what kind of departure?
We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism.